I had planned to tell you about my Spring Break; how I went horseback riding (my mom's horse almost walked her off a cliff), went on a Hummer tour (island girl doesn't normally do mud), ate terribly but only gained 5 ounces (score) and how I was very productive on the job hunt. But that all seems so uninteresting now.
As I'm sure Classy is sick of hearing, I went on a date Friday night with a guy from college. While I've kinda known he was interested, I wasn't AT ALL expecting to see him over break, but when he asked if I was free and he was willing to drive the two hours to see me, I agreed. Long story short - Dinner and a movie followed by coffee. Over coffee he told me that he liked me, a lot and that of all the girls he has gone on dates with over the past year, none of them compare to me. He said that his biggest regret in life is that he didn't date me in college and that he still gets mad at himself about it. Now I'm not used to these kinds of feelings from guys, I'm just not...I'm usually the one pouring my heart out. He told me that his timing was terrible and that he didn't want to limit me or make my decision any harder in terms of where to move, but of all the places he knew I was looking at, he could move there and be happy. Quoi?
Anyway, I explained that I had no idea where I was going to be or what I was going to be doing in a year, and that it is going to be a hard enough decision trying to stay close to my friends and family, much less throw someone else's life on top of it. We agreed to "see where we are in a year" and go from there. Here's the problem: I can't stop thinking about the whole thing. I've cried off and on for three days now. I feel like an idiot, but I just can't help it. Even though he promised that our friendship wouldn't change, his normal text messages and emails have pretty much stopped. I don't think he realized how much I counted on talking to him.
Next problem: he isn't the most motivated person I know. My Dad values hard work. See the problem. Now keep in mind that Daddy has never met him, but knows about him and in true Daddy-with-an-only-daughter fashion, doesn't think he's good enough. So now I'm not sure how I feel about boy - I'm worried my parents opinion has influenced me so much that I've put my feelings behind me. Do you remember the Faith Hill song, "Someone Else's Dream"? Well this portion sums up my current situation to a T:
She was daddy's little girl
Momma's little angel
Teacher's pet, pageant queen
She said "All my life I've been pleasin' everyone but me...
Yep, that's about covers it! So now I'm not sure if I just want to be in a relationship or if I want to be in a relationship with him. If he lived closer, this would be easier, but the 6 hour distance thing makes it hard...very hard. Needless to say, God and I have had some very long talks over the past few days! I guess this is what happens when you think you've got a handle on your life plan :)


10 comments:
My best advice is to go with your gut. Your gut will never fail you.
:)
I love you. Everything will turn out just as it was always supposed to... Promise.
I am sure you will make the right decision. And trust me, your mom and dad will support you even if they don't agree. That's what parents do!! xoxo
Boy...does God have a plan for you! I have NO idea what it is...but I'm sure your life will be fabulous!
I will say that when I met my now husband...he was going away to law school 11 hours away. I was very anti being in a long distance relationship...but he just kept calling. We made it work for about 4 years that way. It can work...you both just have to be equally committed.
That said...he has to be the right guy too!
Wish you luck!
Hi there, I'm stopping by from SITS. I, too, haven't been blogging in a few days, but my reasons aren't as good as yours! Most boys I've met have terrible timing, but like the other ladies said, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck!
I think you made the right decision. It is super hard to try & balance a new place & throw a new relationship in on top of that. Everything will work out as it should & who knows where you both will be in 1 year?
My wish is the world's Forever Peace.
My wish is the world's Forever Peace.
Health information
Humor & Fun World
wow. that's a tough one. it's not very often that a boy pours his heart out like that though. these things always seem to work themselves out though. if it was meant to be, and you find you're missing him more and more, then maybe it's worth looking into. if you find that you're growing apart from him, then maybe you made the right decision.
just a thought :o)
That's tough but listen to your stomach, mine hurts when I"m making the wrong decision!
I gave you an award! Check it out on my blog if you want!
First of all, I just thought you were enjoying your spring break and taking just that a bit of a blog break...of course, never apologize for that ")
I am sorry that you are struggling. You are a sweet girl. I wish you the very best...guy...life!
It was good to see that you are doing the best possible thing...praying ")
Take good care of yourself!
Post a Comment