Sunday, March 1, 2009

Come on weather, work with me!!

I woke up this morning to 3 inches worth of snow...3 inches...in Alabama! Not real! Island girl doesn't like snow or cold, so I really wasn't happy when I looked out my window. However, as the morning wore on and 3 inches turned into 4 and then 5, I began thinking that maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have to go into work tomorrow morning, so the snow began to be my friend. Until...

the sun came and the snow melted...all of it...in about 15 minutes!


We're talking completely gone - the only evidence of our "winter storm" are the little patches that remain on the rooftops of the houses that don't face the sun and the 8 snowmen that line the road leading out of the apartment complex. Oh how I hate snow! So basically I didn't get to go to church, because they cancel church services and I don't get out of work tomorrow either!

This is the second time that it has snowed since I've lived here. The first time was last March and it was on a Saturday. This time is a Sunday - neither of these days help me get out of anything! Why couldn't the snow cloud drop a couple inches on say, Tuesday or Thursday? Is that too much to ask?!

Because of the snow and my crazy thinking at it would stick around (no pun intended) I decided that I wouldn't be able to get to campus to go to the gym, so I got up this morning and pulled out my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. I hadn't done it in like a year, so I was thinking, "Oh I've gotten much stronger since then, I'm sure I can do the whole thing now". Stupid. Me. Oh I did the whole thing, but I can feel it, which is a good thing, but geezzz! However, Bob Harper telling me I'm doing a good job and that he could "see me," made the whole experience worth it!

11 comments:

skywind said...

Cold, under a heavy snow, the weather has become cold. I hope you have fun at home happy. :)

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

Freck said...

Oh no! Bummer, not having to go to work would have been lovely! Maybe there's still hope?? It's still freezing in Sandestin...brr, stay warm!

Lucky in Love said...

I cannot believe all of that melted in 15 minutes! I wish that happened here. If we get snow...it stays for weeks!

Sorry you didn't get out of work though. That would've been sweet!

Lauren said...

Ah yes... the old stick'n'melt. I am familiar. I was actually delighted that while I was at home visiting it DUMPED snow one afternoon! It was all gone though in a few minutes, similar to your snow. It was worth it though...I love snow. It's much MORE worth it if you can get out of work though! Sorry you couldn't reap the benifits of that. Way to go on your home-workout anyway though! :)

Celine said...

Snow in Alabama? I didn't think this was even possible! LOL

Debie Napoleon said...

I shoveled snow instead of going to the gym. With 8 inches and cold, ours will not be going away for some time!

The Other K Wick said...

LOL. Yeah, isn't snow in the South too funny.

I am really enjoying your blog. I recieved the Your Blog is cute award and I am passing it along to you. (See my blog for details.)

Ashley said...

I would not be able to survive in snow!!!

:)

MM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I am pretty new at all of this! :) Thankfully, we didn't get any snow here in Charleston! It seems everyone else in the south did! It is definitely cold here, though! Stay warm! :)

RamblingMother said...

Saw you on the SITS roll call. We had the snow too. It really is only fun to children.

Julian Kennedy said...

It sounds like you had an interesting day despite not getting to go out.