Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brunswick, Georgia? Anyone? Anyone?

I swear I wake up in a different world everyday! Maybe it's because I need something to get my mind off the last post, or maybe it's because I want to see as many places as I can, but I've been looking at places with job openings for the job I want after graduation and they are all over the place! I can't decide where to go!




My current love is Brunswick, Georgia. I've never been there, and until last week, wasn't even aware that it existed, but now I'm in love with it...via pictures :) So I ask you, my bloggy friends, are any of you from there? Ever visited? Heard anything about it?


I must say that working near the beach is a HUGE plus and would do me a world of good!!

15 comments:

mary evelyn said...

oooh, i've never been there, but based on that picture, i would give it serious consideration :o)

LyndsAU said...

i live in GA and i have visited Brunswich for work. it's a cute little city!! and you are right, it's a huge plus being near the beach!!

Lucky in Love said...

I've never heard of it...but it's beautiful!! You should take a trip!!

Whitney said...

That looks super fun!

Classy Stiletto said...

Excuse me, no Brunswick, Georgia! No! You know where you're supposed to be! haha

Mama. said...

It looks really pretty from the picture. Take a little vacation and visit there first. Then decide if you want to settle there.

Anonymous said...

I've never been there but it sure looks charming!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Brunswick and the Golden Isles are fabulous places to visit...beaches and some fabulous historical sites as well. GO!

Lauren said...

You should definitely go! I spent the first 10 years of my life in Georgia. It's beautiful on the coast. Glad you're back from break! How was your mini-vacay?

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
Stopping by via SITS to wish you a great weekend!

Debie Napoleon said...

I am a Savannah gal...we are moving there upon retirement...or when we can afford a house..lol

So sorry no help on Brunswick.

Running In Stilettos said...

My husband is from Saint Simons Island, across the causeway from Brunswick. He is a bit biased, but he thinks Brunswick is terrible (he calls it Brun-STANK) but then again he is an island snob!

Take a trip there...guarantee you fall in love with SSI. Brunswick, not so much! The pic lies...I think it might be an island photo.

Running In Stilettos said...

ok...just asked the hubs...that pic is a photo of downtown Brunswick (albeit photoshopped)

He said the pic is taken from a dumpsite...just make sure you visit!

We are headed to SSI in 2 weeks, I can get some additonal info for you if you want me to send you anything.

Sock Monkey said...

http://campsockmonkey.blogspot.com/2009/03/sock-monkey-and-traditional-british.html

Running In Stilettos said...

You can definitely make it a year. And yes, the Island is only over the causeway. Both my in-laws work in Brunswick and live on SSI. It's only a 10 minute drive.

You will pay more to live on the Island, but you can find a good apartment for a year.

Then, I can come see you and we can hit up the good boutiques, and all the good places with umbrella drinks :)