Monday, January 26, 2009

Where did the weekend go? It seems like just a few hours ago I was celebrating a free Friday afternoon! A free Friday afternoon where it was warm enough to drive with the top down I might add. Guh, I'm so ready for spring!

Thank you all for your suggestions on my last post. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I was just facing a weekend with nothing to do and no one to do it with, and it got to me. I'll definitely be trying out some of those tips!

As far as my weekend went, I didn't realize how much college football consumes my Saturday's in the fall - not that I'm complaining - but really a whole Saturday with no football! What's a girl to do?! Well this girl went to see Gran Torino. What an excellent movie!!! If you haven't seen it, go! I cried at the end, but again, nothing new :)

But now it's Monday...again. Dragging myself out of bed this morning wasn't as bad as I thought because a case that I had been working on at my internship got a conviction last week, so I knew everyone would be in a great mood today, and I was right! Now when I say I worked on it, I was one piece of a 8,464 puzzle, but I like to think that it was my part that put the jury over the top :)

And finally, for those of you who don't receive the Hungry Girl emails (cough*you should *cough) I'm passing along another free sample, Quaker Rice Cakes! Go here and request yours. You get to chose between two favors - the Mini's: Chocolate Drizzle or the regular Cheddar Cheese. I've had the Cheddar and they're amazing - They taste just like cheese puffs. Since I've had those, I went with the chocolate ones. Enjoy!

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
I enjoyed reading.
Thanks!

Hccm said...

Thanks for the tip. I love ricecakes.

The Blonde Duck said...

I could never do rice cakes. I always wanted the cheese puffs!