Okay Bloggy friends, I need advice. As much as I like to think I have things in control, sometimes you just need some help, ya know?
I've lived here for almost a year and half, and I don't know anyone! I mean I have my classmates, but after spending all week in class and doing homework, the last thing I want to do is spend more time with them, because all they talk about is law and jobs, blah, blah. I don't know what to do.
I've tried church after church after church since I've been here because I grew up in church and really wanted to find a church home here, sadly, however, most of them are so big, that they aren't welcoming at all - I'm just a number and I hate that. I found one church I liked, went for three MONTHS and the Pastor always called me the wrong name, the name of another girl who started visiting around the same time I did. Needless to say after months of being called "Jenny" you being to think you don't really matter.
So I ask you: Where do you meet people? Where do you go? Am I missing a huge portion of the population somewhere?
This predicament is nothing new - clearly I've been here for awhile, however after spending a great weekend last weekend with my closest friends (and some new friends, that I now believe I'd rather spend time with than some of my old friends), coming back here and having nothing to do except read can wear on you.
Anyway, all comments welcome! With that being said, I'm going shopping :) Hope you're enjoying your Saturday!
11 years ago


5 comments:
I've been really fortunate to work with people I've grown to love outside of work. I honestly don't even know where I'd begin to meet people in a new place, but will have to soon find out!
I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing others' responses!
I wish I could be more help... I live in the same area I grew up (moved back after trying to leave) and I still am always looking for new people to meet. Maybe sign up for a class you're interested in like photog or ceramics or something cheesy like that? ;) I have no idea!!! :( Wish I could be more help... When I moved down to GA, I met a few people off a dating site but that can get a little risky! My roommate tells me of Christian-Online-Dating Sites though? Not sure if you're available, but it may be a good way just to start meeting people. Hang in there and you'll get through it.
I think you should just come back to the city.. as in permanently and you can have both the best friends that you love most, ie. me, and new friends that you like more than some of your old ones. I'm not seeing a downside here..... just a thought.
Do any of the Churches you've tried have groups for college students or singles? My daughter (22) found a church that has a large college group and they have bible studies, activites, etc.. that is how she's found most of her new friends.
perhaps do some volunteer work?
hit up the local coffee shops?
put an ad in craigslist for someone to craft with or work out with?
:) i'd be your friend hands down!
Post a Comment