Monday, November 3, 2008

You Wanna Piece of Me!?

Classy's most recent post put me in a mood today. Listening to that song one, two, twelve times while getting ready with do that. I decided to ditch the hoodie and jeans I was wearing and "dress" it up a little bit - heels, some "bling" - nothing over the top, but just a step up from the usual. I mean, I was feeling empowered, I might as well dress the part, right? Needless to say the clothes change also helped and the combination of all these things has given me a certain "swagger". By the time I left the apartment, I was ready for whatever life could throw at me. Bring it on world! I wouldn't say I was looking for a fight, but I was a-okay if one found me!

I'm not sure where this "over it" feeling came from...I have a couple of ideas though. One being the time change has put me some kind of depression. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the extra hour of sleep and the fact that the sun wakes me up in the morning instead of the street lamp, but it gets dark at 5 o'clock and by 8 I feel I should be in bed. Not good for the studying that needs to be happening. This happens to me every year, and this year I'm determined to not let it get me.

The other would take far to long to explain, but it'll suffice to say that I'm over the men (or lack there of) in my life being morons. You know that moment when something you suspected was going to happen actually happens and all the puzzle pieces fit together, well this weekend brought that for me....again...in regards to the same person. Why I care? I don't know! I'm moving on - for real this time - I don't deserve this and I'm not going to take it anymore! Again, Bring it on!

As a normally reserved person who hates confrontation, I'm pretty fond of this new feistyness and hopes it sticks around for awhile!

2 comments:

Classy Stiletto said...

Bring it on, Girl! I've been waiting for this attitude to finally make an appearance in you! haha Love you!

Carol said...

Hello! I think your blog is amazing. I'm new here. Please, visit my blog if you can!
byee