Sunday, October 5, 2008

You're Only As Old As You Feel...

I've been a slacker - I know this and I've been told, but I'm back now.

I realized this past weekend while celebrating Classy's Birthday, that I've been living like 30 year old or something for the last year and a half. Again, I knew this. However, over Friday night and into Saturday morning I was able to relive the amazing times I had in college without the losers that judged me for doing so. Needless to say it was a fantastic time! Not only was the company wonderful, but the city itself was amazing. Let me explain. The city I live in is scary, like seriously. We currently are like 6 on the most dangerous cities in America, which is surprising to me since we're not nearly as big as most, but alas, we are. My downtown at night = get shot, Classy's downtown at night = lots of fun while feeling safe....this was a new concept for me, and I like it.

Not to slip back into my theoretical age of 30, but this coming summer is very important in terms of where I'm going to be long term. See most people get a job offer going into their third year of law school the summer before and most of those, if not all, come from the firm that they worked for during that summer - for me, this coming summer. Thus, I'm kinda freaked out about this job thing. I've had seven interviews on campus, which is actually really good, however they are all in Alabama. Since I want to move back home to Tennessee this isn't good. My parents, make that my Mom, want me to move back home to the small town I came from....NO! Don't get me wrong, I loved where I grew up, but the population is mostly middle aged families; young adults just don't want to stick around. So, moving back here really doesn't appeal to me. I said all that to say, that Classy's city took a huge jump this weekend into contention for Island Girl's Top Place to Live upon Graduation List. As of this afternoon, I've written seven letters to be mailed this week. Don't know if it will matter, but it can't hurt and it allows me to keep my options open.

Anywho, this weekend reminded me, among other things, that I'm not old, that I still know how to have a good time, and that Bud Light might not be that bad :)

1 comment:

Classy Stiletto said...

"This is really good! What is it??"