
The news of Bea Arthur's death has really hit me hard. I realize this is completely ridiculous since I didn't know her, or hadn't seen her in anything other than the Golden Girls, but I'm so upset over this. When Estelle Getty passed away, I was sort of prepared because I knew she was sick and had been for some time. However, I had no idea Bea had cancer, therefore it was a complete shock.
Growing up, my Mom and I would watch the Golden Girls every morning on Lifetime while were getting ready. We've seen every episode at least 5 times; in fact we find ourselves quoting parts of the show when we find ourselves in similar situations. (We do the same thing for Designing Women...another fav. that will just crush me when Dixie Carter passes).
I realize this is just a part of life, but it's just so sad when people that you've watched for years are no longer there. Sorry for the depressing post. So I'll leave you with one of my favorite GG quotes:
Blanche: Dorothy, this is crazy! Since when do you care how you look?
Dorothy: I think it started when I came down from the bell tower and had my hump fixed!


7 comments:
I LOVE the Golden Girls. Good old Dorothy with her sage advice, never judging any of the other girls on their sluttiness or stupidity or bitchiness. I was so sad when I found out. We only have a few left.
I totally understand how you feel. It is a sadness that is hard to explain, but still very real. xoox
I also grew up watching Golden Girls. They were always so fantastic. Hang in there. :) And that's a great quote too by the way!
They all were like our friends or family. So i agree with you it hurts to see a friend passed away
I loved when Rose called L.A. Law...la law :) This saddens me too :(
Her death hit me hard too.
I loved her work.
Sad.
ahhh, that is such a good show. i had a roomate at school that got me hooked on it.
sometimes the idea of death just hits me hard, and it's really tough. it's just about the saddest thing there is.
Post a Comment