Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ms. OMG I think he's into me...



Have you met her? That girl who thinks every man within 10 feet is flirting with her. Every time a male speaks to her she is convinced that he is trying to get with her. Well, I've met her and it's not the first time. While I encountered this girl a couple of times in the past, never to the degree that "Annabelle" lives up to. As you'll remember I have issues with Annabelle anyway, so this character trait makes me want to separate myself from her more and more.


While having a coffee break with her and another friend "L" between class yesterday, she proceeded to tell a story about a party she went to last week in which she was flying solo (the tragic bf stayed home because hanging out with a bunch of law students is not really his things and who can blame him), anyway while she was there apparently EVERY guy in the room was trying to kiss her or at the least they were flirting with her. Now Annabelle also tends to over think everything and while I, too, am guilty of this, I only over analyze things that matter, but with her it's stupid stuff like "he kinda brushed against me in the crowded hallway, I think he wants to ask me out. Should I tell him I have boyfriend, or just wait till he asks me out and then tell him?" It's at this point that I want to shout "Get Real!" but I resist and let "L" take over (she seems better at telling Annabelle she's overreacting better than I).


I should note that my confidence level, if charted, would look something like a heart monitor. I have my ups and downs. Therefore, I could never be Annabelle. I could never walk in a room and say "oh yeah, everyone is checking me out." It's just not me, nor do I want it to be. I guess what really drives me crazy about Annabelle is that what is completely obvious to me...that these guys are just being nice and polite and trying to carry on a conversation...is taken the complete opposite way by her. I just don't know how some one's mind operates that way, cause my sure doesn't. Oh well...


On a complete opposite note. During this same conversation with Annabelle and "L" they were trashing Annabelle's roommate (who is also a law student and also suffers from this "he's totally into me syndrome") and they accidentally said something that I apparently was not supposed to hear. Something about who the roommate was going to have dinner with this weekend, but I digress. The point of this story is that "L" said, "oh it's alright you can hear this...You're not gossipy." I almost spilled coffee on myself because in college I would never have gotten that comment and most of the people I know from college would have laughed in her face. Little does she know. Put me with the right people and you wouldn't believe...haha!


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Classy Stiletto said...

You gossip? never.......

:)